Welcome to Conlin Chaos

Welcome to the family journal that captures the chaos that is the world of Colleen, Adam, Zach, Ben, Josh, Luke, Tommy, and Ruby. Here you will see small snippets of what we see every day.

Come. Enjoy! You know we do!

Saturday, January 24, 2015

MLK Day

No way we were wasting the precious gift of a day free from schedules last Monday!

Adam, Zac and Ben woke up bright and early, before the sun, to make the drive to Copper with Chad, Dallin and Kate Murdock for a day on the slopes.  They had great snow and many great runs, including Ben's very first black diamond hill: Indian Ridge.  He spent more time on his skis than on his bum, even if a lot of it was sliding sideways, which we totally count as ski success!  It was a wonderful day with wonderful friends! 

Tom, Luke, Josh and I woke up nice and lazy.  Yessssss.  Mid-morning we piled in the car for a drive to meet up with some church friends for a little hike at Red Rocks Open Space after seeing a message on Facebook from a mom who sent out a "come one, come all to join us!" invite.  It was a beautiful Colorado January day, the kind that makes you think it's almost spring, even though spring is still months away.  I was happy for the opportunity to spend time with a few ladies from the ward and their cute kiddos.  Sometimes I feel like I know very few people in our ward outside of the young women organization, so it felt good to connect with some of the ladies who I see so often but only in passing.  It was a lovely hike in a gorgeous location and sweet time with my three littles and fun moms. 

Can you tell who takes more pictures?  No...really...I'm grateful that Adam takes any at all!  
















No comments: