This week: Adri and I took our littles up to Manitou Springs to visit the seed library housed in their public library. We had obviously come a little late in the season, as there weren't a huge number of options left, but we picked a few from the "easy" category of harvesting seeds (you have to return some seeds from the plants that grew from your borrowed seeds!), and are excited to give them a try. Ben's choir sang the National Anthem at the Sky Sox game just as a big windy, blizzardy snowstorm was blowing in. It got cold quickly, and the dust was blowing everywhere, so we only stayed through the 4th inning. School was cancelled due to the blizzard, which didn't bring as much snow as wind, so for me it wasn't all that blizzardy. However, I did learn that snow totals don't effect whether a storm is called a blizzard or not. If there is any snow to blow around enough to make for white-out conditions, even if it's just an inch of dry snow that can blow around enough to limit visibility, it counts as a "blizzard"...at least by the weather service. Tillamook Mudslide FINALLY came to Colorado Springs! We've had Tillamook cheese for awhile, but their ice cream is so dreamy! Our youth held a goods and services auction to raise funds for camp this summer. I made caramels to auction off that looked so pretty! It was a fun night and I love that the youth get to play a part in paying for their camp experience!
5 comments:
So many things to comment on! The baby crane (I can't imagine my fingers to that.) Tillamook!! God Light (I'll always see that now). National anthem, seeds, and ice cream...love, love, love!
I love your life.
Wish I could have purchased some of those caramels! They look amazing!
I have always thought of the sun's rays as God's light too. Such a fun week. Can't wait to see you next weekend.
I love your week-in-review posts. I LOL'd at the Tillamook comment.
Post a Comment