Welcome to Conlin Chaos

Welcome to the family journal that captures the chaos that is the world of Colleen, Adam, Zach, Ben, Josh, Luke, Tommy, and Ruby. Here you will see small snippets of what we see every day.

Come. Enjoy! You know we do!

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Visiting Kai

Here's what I did on my four-day visit to meet my brand-new nephew Kai.
I sat on the couch and held the baby.
I held the baby.
I held the baby some more.
We got some Red Box flicks and watched them, holding the baby.
We giggled at the baby's cuteness as we held him.
I held the baby even more.
We watched some weird/funny/interesting/tear-jerking/thankful-that's-not-my-life TV: while holding the baby.
I held the baby.
I changed a few diapers, not holding the baby, but holding onto him.
I napped with the baby.
I soaked up all the beautiful So. Cal. late-winter beauty: flower-stand-fresh flowers, rainbows, sunsets, palm trees on a backdrop of blue skies with puffy white clouds, rainstorms that move through quickly...all while holding the baby.
We saw the pediatrician.  My motherhood wisdom was affirmed...for once.  I had to let someone else hold the baby for this one.
We ate a lot of food, sometimes holding the baby, sometimes taking turns.
I held the baby as much as possible.
I read two books, holding the baby, of course.
I snuggled and mooshed and kissed the baby.
We stared at the baby, while holding it.
I talked to my sister for hours on end, and held the baby.

I did let Leah and Jason hold their baby sometimes, and then I watched them hold the baby until it was my turn to hold the baby again.
And I held the baby.

Here's what I did not do:
Middle of the night diaper changes or feedings.

It was perfect.  I love this auntie business.






























3 comments:

Jen said...

Being the auntie is the best!

Alissa Maxwell said...

That sounds like a PERFECT visit. Auntie love!

Candace said...

I agree! Almost as good as being a Nana! Cannot get enough of holding the baby!!!