Welcome to Conlin Chaos

Welcome to the family journal that captures the chaos that is the world of Colleen, Adam, Zach, Ben, Josh, Luke, Tommy, and Ruby. Here you will see small snippets of what we see every day.

Come. Enjoy! You know we do!

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Thrity-Five

I've had a birthday, shout, "Hooray?"
I've had many sing to me today!
One year older, more wrinkles, whee!
Happy birthday, to me!

Yes, "Hooray?"  Hmmm.  There isn't much shouting of "hoorays" around here.  I think I will once again start shouting for joy every birthday when I turn 86.  I don't know how much I like this getting older business.  But I guess all the enjoying and learning of living has to be done as time is passing, so even if I'm not 'hooraying,' I am so very grateful for thirty-five years.

Thirty-four was a good year.  I am a little creakier (no, a LOT creakier--what happened?), a little wrinklier, a few pounds heavier (I know what happened here!), hopefully a bit wiser, certainly a touch more faithful and definitely happy for another year I've had to live this beautiful life.  Every day is a gift, and just like real gifts, some gifts I love but some gifts I want to return to the store ASAP.  And on those days, I am grateful for a soft bed, a good night's sleep, and the chance to try again when the sun comes up the next day.  Mine is a good life only because so many of the earth's best people are in it: my man, my boys, my families, my kindred spirits, my friends, and all those who have come in and out of my life over the years.  Let's go, thirty-five!
Starting a birthday off right!  A beautiful snow-covered morning, just the third we've had during this warm fall season.

Seeing Rise of the Guardians with my favorite men!  I love movies!  And this one was good.

Thirty-five


6 comments:

Jen said...

Again Happy 35!!! I so wanted to be there to celebrate with you. No matter how old we get I will always be 5 more years more then you. :)

Diana said...

You are gorgeous, Colleen and so so lucky to be able to go to a movie with your whole family of boys. I cannot wait until we can do this...movies in the theater are top on my fav list. Happy birthday!

ashley said...

You are so beautiful in so many ways! Happy Birthday, Colleen!

Candace said...

What a beautiful 35!!! And a fun day! Love!!!

Angie said...

35? you have not aged my friend. Glad your day was special...you deserve it.

we loved "Rise of the Guardians" as well. :)

Heidi said...

You look fantastic at 35. I'm glad you had a nice celebration.