Welcome to Conlin Chaos

Welcome to the family journal that captures the chaos that is the world of Colleen, Adam, Zach, Ben, Josh, Luke, Tommy, and Ruby. Here you will see small snippets of what we see every day.

Come. Enjoy! You know we do!

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Nana

We got to keep her for three days after our arrival in Colorado Springs.  And we loved the extended stay!  We were all exhausted, ready to relax, although we still had stuff to do, like grocery shopping for a three-weeks empty fridge, and honestly, neither of us are really do-nothingers.  So when she asked, "What's the plan for the day?" every day, and I said, "No plan."  She just went with it.  And the "no-plan" led to many errands, trips to the Y, swimming with the kids, the new Winnie the Pooh movie, ice cream and Yo Yogurt, Red Box in the cool and cozy basement, a picnic at the park, late night chats, and even included some down time for us all.  I missed her the moment she stepped out of the car onto the sidewalk leading into "Departures."

To us she is: helper, teacher, best friend, nurturer, giver, squeeze-and-hugger, storybook reader, lame-joke-listener, encourager, tasty-food-creator, exercise buddy, late-nighter, long-driver, advice-giver, and so much more, because she is...Mom, Nana.  We love her.  Even Colorado loves her.  I know, because of the beautiful goodbye it gave her as I dropped her off at the airport.  Thank you, Mom!

4 comments:

Adri said...

So hard to see grandmas go! When my mom left after her last stay, Kate wrote her a letter that said:
Dear Grammy,
I miss you. When are you going to move into my basement?


My thoughts, exactly!

Alea said...

So sweet! What a wonderful mom you have! We all know it :)

Candace said...

OK so now I am sitting here teary-eyed! I love you all!!!

Dan and Katie said...

Your mom is great! It was fun to get to hang out with her for a little while at YWs...especially after I have read so much about her on your blog! Get her to move here!!! - That way you guys will never leave :)