Tommy is Two Months Old Today!
2. His Mommy Love has increased greatly over the last few weeks. I mean, all babies are pretty mommy-centric from the get go, especially breastfed babies, but you know how there's a time when they really start to prefer mommy over anyone else most of the time? We are definitely there. When he's agitated I can often get him to settle down with just a touch or soothing words. When he sees me he lights up, which makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. Don't get me wrong, he loves his daddy and brothers, but when he needs comfort or reassurance, it's mom he's looking for!
3. When he is awake he's a really happy little guy. His smiles are frequent and easy. As long as he's not tired or hungry, he doesn't even mind the booger sucker too much (we know this because he's already had two colds, that's what having four big brothers who dote on you and can't leave you alone even when they have drippy noses does for you!).
4. He enjoys his baths now! The only crying we get during that process is occasionally when we wash his face and when we have to take him out. Afterward, he DOES NOT like having lotion put on, which is just too bad, because he has a touch of eczema on his forehead that is regularly lotioned.
5. He has the cutest little "I'm sad" cry, where his lip juts out and he kind of makes this "mwah" sound really softly. If you ignore it, he ramps up to a real cry, but he starts off with his little warning cry, just to be nice.
7. He is still really strong and getting stronger! He can hold his head up quite well when he is being held and when he's on his tummy. He doesn't mind tummy time much at all until he remembers that he's tired or hungry, which is usually only a few minutes in.
9. Tommy and I love our little conversations. When he's in a good mood he will goo, coo and gurgle and he just loves it when you do it back to him. It's so cute! 
10. He's starting to grab onto things. He hasn't reached out for something yet, but I can see in his eyes that he wants to, like the idea is there, but he's not sure how to do it yet. But he will grab things that are close to his hands; like my hair or my shrits. I love finding him gripping his burp cloths in a super baby clutch. I don't know why, but there is something so cute about that.
3 comments:
he so cute. Nice strong neck on that tummy time. Good job. He already looks the same size as Max. Oh I miss you guys so much. Thanks for the call today.
He is seriously too cute! I love and miss him so much!! The picture of him on his tummy is my favorite :) I can't wait to kiss and sqeeze and snuggle him, and all of you, this summer (boo that's far!)!!!!!!!
He is so cute Colleen!! I can imagine why he makes you so happy because just looking at him makes me smile!! :)
Post a Comment