Welcome to Conlin Chaos

Welcome to the family journal that captures the chaos that is the world of Colleen, Adam, Zach, Ben, Josh, Luke, Tommy, and Ruby. Here you will see small snippets of what we see every day.

Come. Enjoy! You know we do!

Friday, November 20, 2009

Thankful With Pictures

I am thankful for them......and certainly him...
...and, of course, him...
...and him, too...
...and definitely him (and him again!).
For times like these...
...and these.
For the moments that are such an essential part of parenthood, such as this (my very own kid-made pottery, I will treasure it always)...
...and this too.
For our world and its uniqueness and great beauty, I am so deeply thankful.
For the times we are silly,
and sad,
and snuggly.
And even for this old van, that will carry us to those whom we love, to celebrate this wonderful holiday of Thanksgiving (sorry, robbers, still no cool things to steal from our house, I'm bringing my new i-Touch with me, the broken printer that I am sure you were desperate to have has been recycled, and we have a dog who is likely to love you to death or sniff your crotch until you go screaming from the house).
For our family near and far, our friends new and old, for our home, our health, Adam's job, for our lives, and the goodness and kindness of others I witness every day, for our freedom and our faith, I give thanks.
Today and every day I live.

9 comments:

runningfan said...

Have a wonderful, fabulous Thanksgiving in a marvelous state! I'm not sure where in Gilbert you're going, but if you pass the intersection of Lindsay & Southern, give my parents a shout-out! :)

my4suns2 said...

Thank you for your sweet post. I'm grateful for you!

maynardmoments said...

I hope you have a wonderful trip! Happy Thanksgiving.

Jen said...

I am thankful for you and your wonderful family. Have a great trip.

kendra said...

Have fun!! There's nothing better than family, is there?!

Candace said...

You have so much to be thankful for, which means I do, too. And I still have hand-made pottery from my two favorite potters...:)

The Siple Family said...

What a beautiful post!

Laura said...

Safe travels! Happy Thanksgiving!

ashley said...

What a sweet post, Colleen. You have 5 beautiful boys! 5! Can you believe it?! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Safe travels!