Awhile back my mother-in-law put a post up of the sunset from their balcony and titled it, "It Never Gets Old." Their house stands on a hillside and overlooks Bellevue, Mercer Island, Lake Washington, the City of Seattle, and the Olympic Range beyond. It is stunning! And I am sure it never does get old!
And that's how I feel about so much of what we saw on our trip. For the last of our vacation posts (yep, this is it! although I still have Zach's D.C. trip to post), I wanted to put up some of my favorite scenery shots from the trip that didn't make it into earlier posts. I love how the things that are so easy to take for granted, the view out our car window or along our hiking path or from our balconies, can still catch my breath and make me stare. Although it goes against every OCD gene in my body, the pictures are in no particular order because I am too darn tired of organizing pictures and it really doesn't matter here.
Truly, that is one of the best parts of a road trip...seeing the sights to be seen! And for me, the beauty of our natural world really never, ever gets old. Nice work, Heavenly Father! Let's all do what we can to keep it like this....
Phelps Lake in Grand Teton Nat'l Park
Snoqualmie River AquamarineOne of the Teton Peaks
Sunset over Lake Roesiger
Deception Pass with a bright blue sky
Wyoming Mountains from our rental
White aspen trunks in the green Wyoming woods
Sunset over Richland
Mount Rainer from Elliot Bay
Late Sunset from the Conlin's balcony
The Teton Range rising up over the Wyoming plains
Mount Rainier from Point Defiance
Jenny Lake and the Tetons.
2 comments:
Beautiful! And so calming...
it's a beautiful world we live in and I enjoyed your photos very much.
Post a Comment