OK, deep breath, there you go, consider all the fun you've had on these days off, ok, ready to go on.... My friend Lisa, a very cool mom who I met while waiting for Zach after school last spring, who has two sons, one from Zach's class last year and one from Ben's class this year, and I decided to take our energy-packed boys and restless golden retrievers for a hike in Ute Valley Park. When I say "park," I mean acres of rolling hills, and autumn-touched trees, sandstone boulders and trails begging to be explored. It was beautiful and the kids could have played there all day!
Welcome to Conlin Chaos
Welcome to the family journal that captures the chaos that is the world of Colleen, Adam, Zach, Ben, Josh, Luke, Tommy, and Ruby. Here you will see small snippets of what we see every day.
Come. Enjoy! You know we do!
Come. Enjoy! You know we do!
Friday, October 17, 2008
Ute Valley Hike
Yesterday was the first day of "Fall Break" because everyone knows that kids need a four day weekend after two grueling months of school (during which I think only four of nine weeks were full weeks, meaning no-day-off, no-half-day or no-early-release days in that week). I am sure they are just exhausted! So good thing we had this vacation! All right, enough with the sarcasm. Josh, who had Fall Break last week, (because goodness knows two days a week of preschool can really destroy a kid if there aren't enough breaks) missed out on the adventure (I know, I said no more sarcasm, but come on!).
OK, deep breath, there you go, consider all the fun you've had on these days off, ok, ready to go on.... My friend Lisa, a very cool mom who I met while waiting for Zach after school last spring, who has two sons, one from Zach's class last year and one from Ben's class this year, and I decided to take our energy-packed boys and restless golden retrievers for a hike in Ute Valley Park. When I say "park," I mean acres of rolling hills, and autumn-touched trees, sandstone boulders and trails begging to be explored. It was beautiful and the kids could have played there all day!






OK, deep breath, there you go, consider all the fun you've had on these days off, ok, ready to go on.... My friend Lisa, a very cool mom who I met while waiting for Zach after school last spring, who has two sons, one from Zach's class last year and one from Ben's class this year, and I decided to take our energy-packed boys and restless golden retrievers for a hike in Ute Valley Park. When I say "park," I mean acres of rolling hills, and autumn-touched trees, sandstone boulders and trails begging to be explored. It was beautiful and the kids could have played there all day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I miss Ruby. Give her a treat for me.
Post a Comment