Welcome to Conlin Chaos

Welcome to the family journal that captures the chaos that is the world of Colleen, Adam, Zach, Ben, Josh, Luke, Tommy, and Ruby. Here you will see small snippets of what we see every day.

Come. Enjoy! You know we do!

Friday, September 12, 2008

99% Inspiration, 1% Perspiration

At the beginning of strawberry season, my friend Mo made some delicious looking strawberry freezer jam with her daughter, Hallie. It looked like fun, it looked easy (although Mo is one of those fancy-cooking people who say, "You know me, I wouldn't do it if it were hard; it is so totally easy!" And then whip out professional looking Elmo and Cookie Monster cupcakes, love you Mo!) Anyhow, what can I say? I was inspired. So today after finding some tasty looking strawberries at Costco, Josh, Ben and I (after calling Mo for advice and encouragement) set about making our own batch of strawberry freezer jam. And it was fun and easy, and SOOOOO tasty! Thanks, Mo!





6 comments:

runningfan said...

Mmmm...even better with Oregon berries! :)

Camille said...

Yum! The kids will love it even more because they made it. :) Way to go!

D/E G said...

Those happy faces say plenty about this moment! They're going to be begging to do it again soon. BTW, your 9/11 post was amazing too; thank you for sharing that!

Anonymous said...

Looks yummy. I have all those jars you gave me. I need a recipe.

Kedra Simpson said...

Rock it, I grew up on freezer jam and I love it!! Fun with the family.

Mo said...

See You did it!!! You'll never go back!