Welcome to Conlin Chaos

Welcome to the family journal that captures the chaos that is the world of Colleen, Adam, Zach, Ben, Josh, Luke, Tommy, and Ruby. Here you will see small snippets of what we see every day.

Come. Enjoy! You know we do!

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

It Is Official

The sign is up, the MLS number is listed and here we go! Today the house went on the market officially, so I guess my denial about moving must end. I go through periods of excitement and sadness. I know I will always consider Washington home. I have been completely M.I.A. in the process of getting the house ready for listing, which was quite a lot of work, but it looks lovely now, so I am happy. Although it doesn't look like my house much any more. Now all I have to do is keep it clean...with four little boys...and a big hariy dog...hmmmm. I have to thank Jen for ditching any plans she may have had for her day to vacuum my house and hold my high-maintenance baby Monday so I could get stuff done; Emily, for volunteering to get Zach from school so I could finish scouring the shower, and Beth for bringing my starving family dinner so I didn't have to cook on top of everything else. Sigh...we really are moving (although the house hasn't sold yet :)).

6 comments:

Jen said...

I would vacuum your house anytime, and Luke is a pleasure to spend time with. As much as I would still like to sabatoge your moving efforts I am here for anything you need.

Alissa Maxwell said...

The house looks awesome Colleen! I asked Scott if he wanted to move back to Seattle - no dice. =) Good luck with the showings. I hope it sells fast (so you don't have to keep it clean too long) and I hope it sells slow (so you don't have to move).

Mo said...

Good Luck I hope it sells quick! I know you love WA but I can not wait to see you as you go back and forth from CO to WA! I am so selfish!

Katrina said...

It's so fun to see where you have been living! Good luck with the sell.

Jones said...

I hate moving!! One of these days we'll both be able to settle into a house and STAY! lol. good luck with the sell, from the pictures it's a beautiful house!

Camille said...

I would love to see some pics of your house...it's always sad to get it looking so nice, only to have to leave it. That is one of the worst things about moving. Good luck.